Moment of honesty?
I'm currently involved in a marketing program and one of the prompts was to write a personal blog post...including 10 things that people don't know about me.
Well, I genuinely suck at announcing that I'm about to talk about myself. So that was your announcement. You're about to read a blog post containing 10 things that people don't know about me. So now you should know me a little better :)
Anybody this awkward at talking about themselves? Good thing this isn't in person. I would have stuttered and started sweating already.
1. I guess that leads me to the first thing. I'm like SUPER personable, but incredibly awkward. And quite introverted. Well, I guess it's like this...when I'm FEELING extroverted, I'm not awkward. When I'm FEELING introverted, I'm super awkward. Like sometimes I forget how to people. Somebody tell me I'm not the only one. The funniest thing is, most people would laugh if you told them I was introverted. Because only those who know me best really know that. I'm an extroverted introvert. Or an introverted extrovert. You pick.
2. I absolutely LOVE having my hair played in. Like LOVE. As in, if I won the lottery, I would literally employ someone to live at my house and play in my hair while I work and while I fall asleep. I bribe my kids with it. Yes, you read that right. My kids want to borrow my ipad to play Fortnite? Sure...come play in my hair for 20 minutes. Hey...it works.
3. Naps are a huge necessity for me. I nap at least 4 days a week. Like good, long, 3-4 hour naps. I get my best sleep that way. In the middle of the day. It is something that started from napping when my kids napped (as babies) and just stuck.
4. Vegas is one of my favorite places and I go quite often. My aunt, who has since passed, introduced me to the city. She lived out her bucket list and one of those items was to take me and my cousin (her other niece) to Vegas together. So we all went and had a ball. Well, I've continued the tradition by going every year since. I even take my Aunt's photo with me when I go. What do I do there? Gamble. And drink. And people watch. And eat. And anything else that I want. It's the city of sin and technically, what happens there, stays there ;)
5. I'm a HUGE foodie, but I'm also vegetarian. Well, technically pescatarian because I do eat fish from time to time. I've been into food since I was really young. My dad introduced me to foods from all over the world and I developed quite the palate. Along with gastronomy being a love of mine, I'm big into red wine and craft beer. And I do appreciate a well crafted cocktail from time to time. Restaurants speak to my soul, so you can find me at one quite often. Although I'll eat just about anything (other than meat), my two favorites remain Mexican food and Pizza.
6. I've always been competitive and a bit of a tomboy. This means that if there's something to try to "win", I'm in. If I have to "prove" something, I will. My kids love it because it means I've always gone out to throw the football with them...even impressing their friends with my arm (and ability to catch). My husband doesn't even mind because I never complain about being active. But you can bet your bottom dollar that means these locks of mine are almost always put up in a bun or a ponytail.
7. That leads me to the next fact about me. I don't mind getting dirty, but I hate BEING dirty. I'll climb, hike, play, dig, plant, do whatever...but I need a shower RIGHT AWAY. I wash my hands a million times a day (that's my form of the flu shot). Cleanliness is super important to me. I've even been called a germaphobe. But that doesn't stop me from having a blast. Check out this pic....I literally participated in a muddy obstacle course 5k this year and had the time of my life. But that was probably the longest shower of my life as well.
8. I used to have a HUGE fear of dogs. I was sooo super scared of them. Then one day, out of nowhere I rescued a pit bull. Then I even worked for a doggy daycare for a bit, specifically with the large dogs. Now, I'm an alpha by nature and can get just about any dog to listen and behave. Although the truth is, I love them so much that I just wanna pet and spoil them. It's crazy to me to know that I spent my whole life fearing these creatures who I know love and connect with so much.
9. My oldest child is almost an adult. Yup. That's right. I've got three kids and my oldest will be 18 in half a year. I'm still coming to terms with it myself. I've spent that whole time growing up myself so I'm super amazed that she's turned out to be such a smart, compassionate, amazing woman. The older she gets, the closer we get and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I can't wait until she turns 21 so we can go celebrate in my favorite city ;)
10. I play the Sims when I'm bored. You read that right. Yes I'm a dork. I know. But it's so fun! I get to build homes and decorate them and then make their lives all perfect. It's so much easier managing them than managing my own household. So yeah, sometimes it's my release.
Well there you go ya'll. There's some not so well known and some other well known things about me. Truth be told, I'm a pretty open book so coming up with this was hard. I had to ask the kids for help.
Go ahead and tell me ONE thing about yourself that I might not know. It will make this easier for me.